“Czar” Awards Night

The ever popular “Keeping an Eye on the Czar of Russia” Awards Night Dinner will take place at a secret venue……possibly a local franchise of McDonalds on Saturday 15th December 2012. The jury will be….me.

Nominations are invited….for…..well basically ANY category. But categories are likely to include Blog of the Year, Journalist of the Year, Quote of the Year and Lets Get Alongerist of the Year. By popular demand over the past 48 hours, there is likely to be a special award for contribution to Civil Rights.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to “Czar” Awards Night

1. hoboroad says:

Ariel Sharon’s son Gilad has to win quote of the year for this one “Flatten all of Gaza. The Americans didn’t stop with Hiroshima – the Japanese weren’t surrendering fast enough, so they hit Nagasaki, too,” hes such a chip of the old block.

2. hoboroad says:

We in coming days may be has to be one for Blog of the Year. Well done Bangordub for running such a great website.

Mick for the letsgetalongerist award !

• Im considering him for contribution for advancing Civil Rights. And also the Quote of the Year. That Address to the Nation on 12th July has to be considered a classic of the genre.
      But on the other hand, I think they stopped giving out Slugger Awards just so that I wouldnt get one. LOL

They’ve stopped!!!!
    News to me I have to say, Did the rowntree pastille crowd object to the drinks bill?

5. Charlie says:

If you haven’t set them in stone yet can I suggest the “Nelson McCausland award for defying basic feats of logic and human cognitive behaviour”.

The nominees should be:

Nelson McCausland (Law-breaking was inevitable.)

Gregory Campbell (They were only singing Sloop John B!)

Peter Robinson / Ian Paisley Jr. (The repeated 7 percent UI quote)

Mick Fealty (The repeated promotion of the 7 percent UI quote as fact)

Brian Walker (Civil Rights Denial in Derry was just a myth)

6. What category would Mick Fealty’s declaration the the twelfth was for us all just prior to loyalists playing the Famine Song outside St Patrick’s chapel, go under?

I love the comedy timing

7. Speaking of which, and Slugger has many nominations in this category, how about Slugger’s inability to ignore the biggest story in the North until Chris posted a thread some days later?

• Well…….I have commented before that Slugger’s news values are a bit weird…..as indeed are mine.
      But the omission of an obituary for James Kelly and more recently a Gay Rights activist seems a bit unusual.
      Slugger carried a story about Gay Marriage Debate at North Down Council …but couldnt bring themselves to pay tribute to PA MagLochlainn who just happened to be a member of SDLP.
      Not Slugger’s kinda person at all.
      With a court case today involving a (suspended) TUV Councillor being found guilty of Child Abuse……as yet there is no Slugger thread. Perhaps if David Tweed had a family member in Sinn Féin…..it would be quite different.

• I was thinking the Tweed thing myself. Not once but twice, Mr Tweed was able to achieve a press blackout o sexual abuse cases. It’s like he got expert, as if from a top barrister or summit’s, advice.

When Quincey Dougan was posting inflammatory loyalist propaganda on Slugger, I posted a thread on P.ie about not having to bother with PULSE ( the extreme loyalist site) and between the above and the tolerance (fear?) of Bleach, I was possibly more right than I thought.

It would be linked to the whole Church abuse thing. But that doesn’t fit the narrative

9. “Missing the target” award to the Levenson inquiry. Pretty much everything N did was illegal. It s the police that they should be investigating, and it is they who should have investigated NI.

10. sammymcnally says:

“I was delighted to see the Beach Boys appearing on the viewing platform of the Clifton St Orange hall”. Neslon McCausland.